March 31, 2020

New Kingdom

Photo by icon0.com from Pexels

Your Majesty. 
I want to be free,
Like a sparkling raindrop,
On a bright green leaf,
Without care if it dries there,
Under the sun, on that day.
Take me away!
Evaporating like death,
Freed!

I want to be free, 
Like dirt picked up by soles,
Carried away to a distant land.
Lord, blow me like the wind
Ripples from Vegas to London!

Your Majesty, I want to be freed
From the temple of my body,
Far away from the hurt in my heart,
Cause I can’t wash them off my skin.

I want to be set free!

I am a slave, captured by my own free will and decisions.
I want to be free
From anxiety, abuse, and addiction,
Help me with temptation, depression, and discouragement,
Help me to find forgiveness, peace, and godliness.

I want to be reborn.
Lord, I want a new life,
In your Kingdom.
I want to be set free.

I want to be free,
From everything I was labeled to be,
I want to be who you created me to be,
I want to see myself, the way you look at me.
Perfected by the Lord, loved by the Father, created by God.

I want to be free 
Like daybreak, and God’s grace and mercy, 
Replenished.

Another poem to read:  Hope

No comments: