September 15, 2020

Thin Mints

Photo by freestocks(dot)org from Pexels

My husband was home
I smell bergamot, pepper, cardamom, saffron, and leather
He left a note on the kitchen island 
It read, "I ate the last thin mint cookie" so petty
I can't entertain him ruffling my feathers
Rolling my eyes headed to the wine cellar
What do I see next to 14 Hands, his empty glass
With exhausted hands, I carry it to the kitchen 
Turn on the faucet and in the sink, a teabag
Sometimes he can be so draining, am I surprised

My day is done and my jewelry feels a ton
Walking into my closet to undress my stress
With body aches, I wrap myself in silk and lace
Crawl into bed with the September issue
Then I hear, "Honey"
Here he comes, Mr. Thin Mints
"What's for dinner"
I place the September on our bed
Pick up my glass of wine and I respond
"Thin mints"

Another poem to read: Sunset

No comments: