January 28, 2021

God's Plan

Photo by Julia Volk from Pexels

This poem was inspired by Last Words, a poem by Rita Dove.

I don't want to live on a page
Of fiction and bliss
With feet sunk in pink sand 
Comparing Essie's talk to the sand 

I don't want to soak and bathe
In a clawfoot tub, Moroccan rose oil
Floating rose petals, Santal 26 candle burning 
Sipping Angel Champagnein a daydream 

Some may think this is all too much
Or maybe not enough
This is my Lamborghini
This is my version of a Hermes Kelly

I don't want to tiptoe across cold floors
To feel the sense under bare feet, when manifesting
Monogram floors, in my walk-in closet
In a luxury condo on the 22nd floor

Let my wishes come true, from a vision board
Plant them into my reality, clear the smoke
From blown out candles, let it be gifted to me
By our Father

Now that's a good life.

What nonsense do you speak of my child
I've got greater plans for you
I've written them all down.

Another poem to read: Diamonds

No comments: