January 7, 2021

Diamonds

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels

This year, my friends, shine bright like a diamond.  I'm beginning this year with a diamante poem about love and hate.  When I decided on the subjects, I didn't have any problem with the latter.  My rough-draft consisted of words like self-seeking, shaming, dishonoring, corruption, offensive, wronging, and slandering. 

When it came to choosing words to describe love, I struggled.  Ask yourself, what is love?  I pulled out the book of life, the Bible, like I was going to fail another open book test. I read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8; I didn't want to divert from the subject.  How did I do, friends?
 
Love

Merciful, Considerate

Entrusting, Appreciating, Protecting

Kings, Queens, Trolls, Wicked-Witches

Betraying, Neglecting, Violating

Cruel, Greedy

Hate

Another poem to read: Stuck

No comments: