May 13, 2020

Long Distance Love

Photo by Soumya Ranjan from Pexels

I would migrate,
Flock to your every need,
Take to the sky, 
Like a love bird, 
To be with you, 
I would break the sky,
Catch a flight,
Suspend myself in the air,
Over this vast atmosphere,
Just to embrace you,
You can count on me,
I’ll be there,
Supporting you and your dreams,
My dear.

I know you need me, 
near and there.
Close enough, 
to whisper in your ear,
I love you.
Close enough, 
to have a hand to hold,
the hand of someone you know,
intimately.
Someone who just knows,
the look in your eyes,
the meaning of your silence,
the secrets behind your smile.
To have someone, 
who wants to understand
In this world filled with people, 
who never listen.

For you, I’ll cross the sky,
To be with you, 
Treasure every moment, until I depart,
I’ll make sure that you know, 
I have you in my heart. 

Another poem to read: The Date

No comments: