May 12, 2020

Vixen

Photo by Tim Savage from Pexels

My head just pounds watching you
move in ways that attracted me to you,
I’m finally seeing the woman 
that made me notice, a change in you.
Deep down inside, I’m feeling second best,
Yes, she’s definitely the reason you look away
when I’m trying to connect.

I saw the spark when she came around,
The saliva filled in your mouth,
the blood rushed to your face!,
the dancing energy was all around.
I can’t breathe, I’m so jealous
watching Miss Sassy talk with her hands,
with her acrylic fingertips
she looks straight out of Instagram.

Is this the reason you wore that shirt today,
The one that makes you look like you smell good
unbuttoned with chest hair.
Are you really going to just hold up conversation,
A whole conversation with this vixen in my face,
Did you forget you have me, 
I’m standing right here.
I know you too well.
Excuse me.
Excuse me.
Hi, I’m his woman, what’s your name?

Another poem to read: Superstar

No comments: