August 9, 2020

The Accuser

Bible Page - Photo by Casila

Let me praise Him louder
While you plot your twisted schemes
I see you with open eyes now
I see you've been studying me
Your traps are meticulously planted 
And I say, look at this 
Would you just look at this
Look at this trap 
Wow, look at this one here
And look at that one there

The Accuser
Ready to kill, steal, and destroy
At any given moment
Ready to devour your heart 
Ready to destroy God's beautiful work of art
The Accuser hates it so much, 
The Accuser is furious!

The User
Ready to use all his recruits
The ones who willingly let him use them
Ready to ruin your everything, and your everything's everything
The Accuser hates to hear about His grace and mercy
Or anything about Him being sufficient 
The Accuser hates that you won't settle for his nothings!
The Accuser hates to hear me praise Him
The Accuser hates when I pick up my sword by saying His name
Jesus! 
I twist the sword by saying it again
Thank you, Jesus!

I see your traps
I see the recruits that you use
Some of them use to be a part of my tribe
You hunted and recruited my closest, to get inside
You really came with your best of bests
You really wanted to see me fallen
You really wanted to see me crawling
You wanted me slithering like you across the floor
You wanted me far removed from the Lord
I see you Satan
Thank you, Jesus!

Another poem to read: Battlefield

No comments: