June 25, 2020

Better Choices

Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

There is no more confusion,
Knowing for certain, the answer is ‘no’,
With ‘no’ I am set free,
No longer holding on to hope,
Give me a definite ‘no’,
So I can let go.

I’m going to say ‘no’ for you,
I want to release myself from you,
You are saying ‘no’, right?
No response is a response, right?
Hanging onto any possibility,
Enslaves me,
I’m going to let it be ‘no’,
By saying ‘yes’ to me.

I have to decide for you,
I’m missing out on life,
My life now doesn’t include you,
I’ve been stagnant in life,
Waiting around for you to decide,
Happiness is now a status,
An inexpensive choice,
Why choose to look poorly disadvantaged,
Lugging toxicity around,
With my unclaimed heart in large baggage,
Carrying the heaviness of a frown.

I want to be rich with life,
Rich with joy,
Rich with moments to remember,
When I am old,
I spent plenty of money,
Plenty of time,
Trying to mold myself into your life,
Trying to make it easier for me, to be your choice,
It didn’t add any value to my self-worth,
I made myself easily available for you to treat worthless,
Not important, not urgent enough to prioritize,
Realizing this in my moment of enlightenment,
My life is as good as my choices,
And I’ve decided to choose me.

I’m saying ‘yes’ to myself,
Yes to more life,
Yes to moving on.

Another poem to read: Full Moon

No comments: