April 21, 2020

Baba

Devotional & Notebook - Photo by Casila

was skin and bones back then
I had a lot going on
A bit of sleep apnea,
While I was holding my breath
An angel came to wake me
I think I may have known her
Something was so familiar
I only saw her walk away
It was something about the night gown she wore
It was something about the way she pulled back and clipped her hair.

I did a lot of talking to God
Back then, I did a lot of writing
Back then, wrote masterpieces
At bus stops, the words just flowed
And I know it was Him.

And then He sent me you,
There was something on the ivories,
That let the tears flow,
There was something on the ivories,
Finally, I was able to let go,
And His feeling of love overflowed me,
The tears just flowed.
I thank God for you,
Familiar souls always find each other
When life looks bleak,
His love is limitless,
Communion with wine,
Healing all heartbreaks.

Another poem to read: Stronger

No comments: