April 16, 2020

Untitled, April 2020

Photo by Terje Sollie from Pexels

I would light the path for your heart,
To find true love,
If I could. 

I would walk you into uncertainty, 
If it meant you would be married, 
Again,
If it meant you would live life in a better light,
More than what I was able to provide, 
I’d give you away.

I pray for the right words to say,
I stand here with my sin and shame, 
Looking back on all the mask I wore,
I knew I wasn’t the right man, 
For you.

I’m filled with so much regret,
I just want to remove my air from around you,
I want to remove my ugly stains from your skin,
I want to separate the daylight between us,
I am the darkness, the gloom
That consumes your life, even after marriage 
I wasn’t a changed man.

I hope, 
That you will try to find true love,
Again,
I would walk you down the aisle
If I could,
Towards a godly man,
I’d give you away.

Another poem to read: While you are Sleeping

No comments: